You are here
Digital Lab is an initiative of Falanster, designed to develop IT volunteering in Belarus.
What does digital volunteering bring to society?
- Volunteering strengthens social connections and knowledge sharing between technicians and community activists. These connections will enrich both sides.
- Through the exchange of values and culture between it-specialists, geeks, nerds and social innovators, the importance of digital rights, such as: confidentiality, the right to access, create, use and publish digital works.
Thus, IT volunteering will contribute to a more sustainable development of the country through the combination of opportunities provided by digital technologies and initiatives aimed at the society development
We work on three levels
- We help initiatives and partners improve their digital potential. Our help may be:
- the website creation or repair;
- assistance in organizing team work with online devices;
- providing hosting and other web services.
- We stimulate the interest of volunteers in various social projects through their involvement in hackathons, festivals, conferences and the independent organization of competitions for them. This is predominantly offline activity.
- We create and maintain an online market for IT volunteer exchange. This is the Digital Lab page, where volunteers and customers of their services can find each other.
For the most active volunteers, we offer various “perks” from the Falanster and contribute to greater disclosure of the creative potential of each individual volunteer.
What result do we expect?
- It-volunteers know where to find something interesting to do.
- It-volunteering has become fashionable. Help is value.
- Community initiatives know how to effectively find IT assistance.
Digital Lab activities began at the end of 2016. And today we have the following results:
- 9 implemented projects;
- more than 80 active volunteers;
- more than 1200 hours of volunteer time are used to help community initiatives.
Subscribe to our groups: